Search This Blog

Tuesday 27 September 2011

Side effects from medication.

I've been on the highest possible doses of very hefty pain medication, and I've developed some adverse side effects over time. The medication doesn't take the pain away, it just allows me to get some sleep at night. Even then I'm still self cath-ing 30 (yes, 30!) times a day.

The main problem is amnesia. I'm forgetting peoples names who I've known for years, I can't remember what I did in my previous jobs or uni. I'll be talking to Tim and then forget what he's said and what we were talking about. My head feels like a fuzzy mess, it takes a long time to do things that used to come naturally.

I've fainted a few times lately. I know when it's going to happen because my tinnitus becomes really loud, with a loud hissing noise like letting the air out of a tire. I know then I've got about five seconds to get on the floor/bed/couch before I drop. I was out for about an hour the other day, then it took another 40mins to move - sleep paralysis. Luckily my cat came in and jumped on me and that snapped me out of it. But still, it's scary stuff.

Still, there is the old saying "if everyone wanted put their problems out to swap, we'd soon grab ours back."

Right, that's it for now, I'm too doped to write any more.

1 comment:

  1. Hey. Came across your blog from the COB foundation messaging boards. I'm sorry you're having such a rough time of it but you are doing an amazing thing writing about it and giving people a first hand insight into these procedures. I'm a guy with possible IC symptoms...not diagnosed yet but i'm trying to get educated as much as I can about the disease and all the options. Keep your head up...you're doing a great thing here. Conor.

    ReplyDelete